Florida is called the sunshine state for a reason, which is great for you—but also provides the perfect environment for pests! Our warm, humid climate is perfect for all sorts of insects, rodents, and other nuisance creatures to thrive. In fact, Florida has the most types of insects out of any U.S. state! Even if you’re a diligent homeowner, your house may still fall victim to pests, unnecessarily putting your home, finances, and health in danger. Why risk it? Here at Tony’s Pest Control, we are your one-stop-shop for all things pest with our pest control in Florida. Our exterminators can handle any of the following pests:
- Palmetto bugs
- And more!
Tony’s Pest Control Pest Protector Basic package protects from a variety of general household pests. Don’t let pests rule your life!
Tony’s Pest Control Pest Protector Plus package protects from a variety of general household pests, but also includes rodents!
Tony’s Pest Control Pest Protector Premium package protects from a variety of general household pests, rodents, and termites.
Family-Friendly, Expert Pest Control
You can always try the DIY approach to pest control in Florida—a lot of people do! However, trying to hack pest treatments on your own can lead to countless unwanted consequences, from damaging your furniture or carpets to exposing yourself and your loved ones to harmful products. However, the most common issue with
DIY pest control is the most simply don't work, and rarely offer pest prevention. Our exterminators will keep unwanted pests from invading your home without the frustration of having annoying odors or products in your home. Our treatments are effective but not dangerous to the inside or outside of your home. Even better, because our prevention treatments are performed outside, you don’t have to worry about fitting pest treatment into your busy life!
Prompt, Qualified Service
One of the most important things you can do when dealing with pests is to act fast: the longer you let them exist in your home, the more damage they’ll do, and the bigger the infestation will grow. When you team up with Tony’s Pest Control, you’ll have the benefit of our rapid service, meaning you won’t be left waiting for treatments or results. Our pest control treatment in Florida is broken down into three easy steps:
- An initial pest inspection and treatment designed to diagnose specific issues and gain control of the initial infestation. Our team will treat the attic, the inside of the home, garage and screen rooms. A full perimeter treatment around the structure is included for webstering and ant prevention.
- Follow-up applications are typically performed 2-4 weeks after the initial treatment to ensure control of any possible remaining infestation.
- Maintenance applications are then performed every two months or as scheduled and are all performed on the exterior of the structure. In some cases PPC (Perimeter Pest Control) is not possible; in turn, IPM (Interior Pest Management) will be used. The application to be used will be determined by our pest technician or salesman.
- Services are warranted between applications. Carpenter Ants, Pharaoh Ants, Ghost Ants, White Footed Ants, Big Headed Ants, German Roaches, and Fleas are not covered by our General Insect Control program. Your home may have unique needs and need a more advanced cleanout. Please contact us for a free estimate or more information.
- Ongoing exterior perimeter treatments to maintain control of any future pest issues.
Schedule an Inspection Today!
Family-and-Pet-Friendly Pest Treatments
It can be challenging to find eco-friendly pest control in Florida. Many treatments on the market utilize toxic products that can risk your health, your pets, and our environment, and local wildlife. You can put that worry aside when you call up the experts at Tony’s Pest Control. From removal to prevention, our exterminators in Florida treat pests with environmentally friendly, safe products that are not harmful to your pets or children.
How Are Pest Treatments Applied?
Your recurring pest control maintenance is performed on the outside of your home and consist of approximately five steps:
- Removing spiders and webbing so that they do not entice other insects into your home.
- Spraying the structure and base of your home with a power perimeter sprayer.
- Placing baits around the parameter to lure roaches and other pests out of your home and prevent them from reentering.
- Applying a granular insecticide on the ground approximately 10 feet out from the structure to kill pests before they reach your home.
- Freezing wasp nests around the outside of your home.
Pest Control FAQs
Where Does the Perimeter Treatment Take Place?
The pest control products we use for perimeter treatment are applied in a band up to 10 feet wide on soil, mulch, and lawn areas surrounding your home, and can also be applied directly to your home's foundation. Other locations can include soffits, windows, doorways, plumbing, electrical fixtures, lighting, and any cracks or crevices on the outside of your home. These are the areas where pests are usually found and can gain entrance into your home.
Will I Ever See Bugs Inside My Home Again?
Yes, however, by treating the exterior of your home most pests will be stopped dead in their tracks before they ever get inside. Insects that have entered the structure would have come in contact with our residuals already and will die shortly after they enter the home before they get a chance to nest.
Prevent Pests With These Easy Tips
Quality pest control in Florida relies on a quality pest treatment program, but a pest control company can only do so much to protect your home. Our exterior treatments will not stop every pest from entering your home, but the residual pest control products left by our treatments will quickly eliminate any pests that come in contact with them, keeping them from establishing an infestation. To make the most of your treatments and avoid inviting more pests into your home, follow these easy tips our expert exterminators recommend:
- Keep food sealed in containers.
- Clean any spilled water, grease, crumbs, and other food particles quickly.
- Seal any cracks and crevices in walls.
- Avoid storing pest-nesting materials like paper bags, cardboard boxes, or newspapers.
- Avoid mixing other products with your professional pest control treatments.
Prepare for Your Pest Control Service
We are often asked how to prepare for pest control services. It is important to follow directions so you can quickly return to a bug-free home. To make it more convenient we have added information on how to prepare for pest control service. We also provide information on what to expect and how to prevent future bug parades in your living room or back yard.
It won’t take long for one of the exterminators from Tony’s Pest Control to evaluate and inspect your house. However, you can take a few easy steps to make sure his visit is quick and efficient.
German Cockroach Treatment
- Vacuum your home thoroughly and ensure there is no food on counters or in the sink
- Seal all food containers.
- Determine where the roaches are coming from. They often live in cabinets and drawers, under sinks, or cardboard boxes.
- Once you determine where the cockroaches are coming from, remove all items from the location.
- Be prepared to leave your home for at least four hours while our exterminators implement fogging tick removal treatment, and to stay off the treated area until the insecticide is thoroughly dried.
- Seal all food and secure safely in your cabinets or refrigerator.
- Seal and carefully store open food products, dishes, or utensils.
- Strip sheets from beds and remove slipcovers from the furniture. Wash them in detergent and the hottest water your fabrics can be exposed to.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and throw away the vacuum bag. If you want to get your carpet or furniture shampooed or steam-cleaned, make sure to allow sufficient time for them to dry before the tick control treatment.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or pet furniture. If you choose to dispose of them, secure them in a plastic sealable bag and place them in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a sealed trash container outside. If the vacuum bag is reusable, wash the bag in hot water and remove contents into an exterior trash can.
- Vacuum and mop all wood, vinyl, and tile floors.
- Get your pets treated for ticks by a professional veterinarian or groomer at the same time that we will be treating your home.
- Remove all caged pets such as birds, reptiles, or hamsters. Cover fish tanks with plastic wrap and turn off pumps until the tick treatment is over.
- Pet food containers and bowls should be covered and stored.
- Cover TVs, computers, and other electronics to protect from the fogging treatment.
- After the treatment, open all doors and windows for 30 minutes for ventilation.
- Use caution upon re-entry as the floors may be slippery.
- Thoroughly clean all countertops and tables
- Strip sheets from beds and remove slipcovers from your furniture. Wash them in detergent in the hottest water the fabrics can withstand.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or furniture. If you choose to dispose of them, place them in a sealable plastic bag and in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a trash container outside of your home. If using a reusable bag, empty contents into a container outside your home, and wash the reusable bag in hot water.
- Mop all wood, vinyl, and tile floors.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and throw away the vacuum bag. If you choose to have your carpet or furniture professionally steam-cleaned, make sure to allow sufficient time for them to be completely dry before the flea treatment.
- Remove all caged animals such as birds, reptiles, and hamsters before our exterminator’s conduct their flea removal treatment.
- Be prepared to stay away from the treated area until the insecticide is thoroughly dried.
- Try to determine where ants are entering the home.
- Empty cabinets and drawers if you find ants there.
- If ants are found under your sink, make sure to remove items from there.
- Remove all items from the floors of the infested rooms.
- Vacuum the floor thoroughly.
Not following our preparation instructions and guidelines may result in additional treatments at your cost. Help us provide the best service by taking a closer look at our instructions. If you have any questions please call our office! We are here to help.
Don't Worry, We Treat the Weird Pests Too
When people think of pests, they immediately think of roaches or ants. However, there are many other pests that can invade your home, especially in Florida. A list of every pest we treat would be quite extensive, but here are some other common pests in Florida:
- Dead animals
Areas We Service
Our team of pest control exterminators at Tony’s Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control in all of the following areas:
- Cape Coral
- Lehigh Acres
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Punta Gorda
- Pine Island
- North Fort Myers