Florida's warm, humid climate is the perfect environment for all sorts of insects, rodents, and other nuisance creatures to thrive. Florida has the most types of insects out of any U.S. state! Even if you’re a diligent homeowner, your house may still fall victim to pests, unnecessarily putting your home, finances, and health in danger. Why risk it? Here at Tony’s Pest Control, we are your one-stop-shop for all things pests. Our exterminators can handle any of the following pests in Florida:
- Palmetto bugs
- And more!
Tony’s Pest Protector Basic package protects from a variety of general household pests. Don’t let bugs rule your life!
Tony’s Pest Protector Plus package protects from a variety of general household pests, but also includes rodents!
Tony’s Pest Protector Premium package protects from a variety of general household pests, rodents, and termites.
Effective Pest Control Treatments
DIY treatments can lead to unwanted consequences like damaging your furniture or carpets to exposing yourself and your loved ones to harmful products. However, the most common issue with DIY treatments is that most don't work, and rarely offer pest prevention. Our exterminators will keep unwanted bugs and rodents from invading your home without the frustration of annoying odors or products. Our treatments are effective but not dangerous to your home.
Claim Your Free Estimate Today!
Prompt, Qualified Pest Control Services
One of the most important things you can do when dealing with pests is to act fast: the longer you let them exist in your home, the more damage they’ll do, and the bigger the infestation will grow. When you team up with us, you’ll have the benefit of our rapid service, so you won't have to wait for treatments or results. Our pest control in Florida is broken down into easy steps:
- An initial inspection and treatment designed to diagnose specific issues and gain control of the initial infestation. Our team will treat the attic, the inside of the home, garage, and screen rooms. A full perimeter treatment around the structure is included for webstering and ant prevention.
- Follow-up applications are typically performed 2-4 weeks after the initial application to ensure control of any possible remaining infestation.
- Maintenance applications are then performed every two months or as scheduled and are all performed on the exterior of the structure. In some cases PPC (Perimeter Pest Control) is not possible; in turn, IPM (Interior Pest Management) will be used. The application to be used will be determined by our local exterminator.
- Services are warranted between applications. Carpenter, Pharaoh, Ghost, White Footed, and Big Headed ants, German Roaches, and Fleas are not covered by our General Insect Control program. Your home may have unique needs and need a more advanced clean-out. Please contact us for a free estimate or more information.
- Ongoing exterior perimeter treatments to maintain control of any future pest issues.
Family-and-Pet-Friendly Pest Treatments
It can be challenging to find eco-friendly pest control in Florida. Many options on the market utilize toxic products that can risk your health, your pets, and our environment, and local wildlife. You can put that worry aside when you call up the experts at Tony’s Pest Control. From removal to prevention, our exterminators treat bugs with environmentally friendly, safe products that are not harmful to your pets or children.
Call Our Local Experts!
How Are Treatments Applied?
Your recurring treatments are performed on the outside of your home and consist of approximately five steps:
- Removing spiders and webbing so that they do not entice other insects into your home.
- Spraying the structure and base of your home with a power perimeter sprayer.
- Placing baits around the perimeter to lure roaches and other invaders out of your home and prevent them from reentering.
- Applying a granular insecticide on the ground approximately 10 feet out from the structure to kill pests before they reach your home.
- Freezing wasp nests around the outside of your home.
Pest Control FAQs
Where Does the Perimeter Treatment Take Place?
The products we use are applied in a band up to 10 feet wide on soil, mulch, and lawn areas surrounding your home, and can also be applied directly to your home's foundation. Other locations can include soffits, windows, doorways, plumbing, electrical fixtures, lighting, and any cracks or crevices on the outside of your home. These are the areas where pests are usually found and can gain entrance into your home.
Will I Ever See Bugs Inside My Home Again?
Yes, however, by treating the exterior of your home most pests will be stopped dead in their tracks before they ever get inside. Insects that have entered the structure would have come in contact with our residuals already and will die shortly after they enter the home before they get a chance to nest.
Prevent Pests With These Easy Tips
Quality pest control in Florida relies on a quality treatment program, but along with hiring a professional pest control company, there are measures you can take to protect your home. Our exterior treatments will not stop every bug from entering your home, but the residual products left by our services will quickly get rid of pests that come in contact with them, keeping them from establishing an infestation. To make the most of your treatments keep bugs out of your house by:
- Keeping food sealed in containers.
- Cleaning any spilled water, grease, crumbs, and other food particles quickly.
- Sealing any cracks and crevices in walls.
- Avoiding storing materials like paper bags, cardboard boxes, or newspapers.
- Avoiding mixing other products with your professional treatments.
Claim your free quote!
Prepare for Your Treatment
We are often asked how to prepare for service. It is important to follow directions so you can get rid of bugs quickly. To make it more convenient we have added information on how to prepare for our service. We also provide information on what to expect and how to prevent future infestations.
It won’t take long for one of the exterminators to evaluate and inspect your house. However, you can take a few easy steps to make sure his visit is quick and efficient.
German Cockroach Removal Treatments
- Vacuum your home thoroughly and ensure there is no food on counters or in the sink
- Seal all food containers.
- Determine where the roaches are coming from. They often live in cabinets and drawers, under sinks, or cardboard boxes.
- Once you determine where the cockroaches are coming from, remove all items from the location.
Tick Removal Treatments
- Be prepared to leave your home for at least four hours while our exterminators implement fogging tick removal treatment, and to stay off the treated area until the insecticide is thoroughly dried.
- Seal all food and secure safely in your cabinets or refrigerator.
- Seal and carefully store open food products, dishes, or utensils.
- Strip sheets from beds and remove slipcovers from the furniture. Wash them in detergent and the hottest water your fabrics can be exposed to.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and throw away the vacuum bag. If you want to get your carpet or furniture shampooed or steam-cleaned, make sure to allow sufficient time for them to dry.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or pet furniture. If you choose to dispose of them, secure them in a plastic sealable bag and place them in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a sealed trash container outside. If the vacuum bag is reusable, wash the bag in hot water and remove contents into an exterior trash can.
- Vacuum and mop all wood, vinyl, and tile floors.
- Get your pets treated for ticks by a professional veterinarian or groomer at the same time that we will be treating your home.
- Remove all caged pets such as birds, reptiles, or hamsters. Cover fish tanks with plastic wrap and turn off pumps until the tick treatment is over.
- Pet food containers and bowls should be covered and stored.
- Cover TVs, computers, and other electronics to protect from the fogging treatment.
- After the treatment, open all doors and windows for 30 minutes for ventilation.
- Use caution upon re-entry as the floors may be slippery.
- Thoroughly clean all countertops and tables
Flea Removal Treatments
- Strip sheets from beds and remove slipcovers from your furniture. Wash them in detergent in the hottest water the fabrics can withstand.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or furniture. If you choose to dispose of them, place them in a sealable plastic bag and in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a trash container outside of your home. If using a reusable bag, empty contents into a container outside your home, and wash the reusable bag in hot water.
- Mop all wood, vinyl, and tile floors.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and throw away the vacuum bag. If you choose to have your carpet or furniture professionally steam-cleaned, make sure to allow sufficient time for them to be completely dry.
- Remove all caged animals such as birds, reptiles, and hamsters before our exterminators conduct their flea removal treatment.
- Be prepared to stay away from the treated area until the insecticide is thoroughly dried.
Ant Removal Treatments
- Try to determine where ants are entering the home.
- Empty cabinets and drawers if you find ants there.
- If ants are found under your sink, make sure to remove items from there.
- Remove all items from the floors of the infested rooms.
- Vacuum the floor thoroughly.
Not following our preparation instructions and guidelines may result in additional treatments at your cost. Help us provide the best service by taking a closer look at our instructions. If you have any questions please call our office! We are here to help.
We Treat the Weird Pests Too
When people think of pests, they immediately think of roaches or ants. However, there are many other pests that can invade your home, especially in Florida. A list of every bug we treat would be quite extensive, but here are some other common pests in Florida we provide service for:
- Dead animals
Areas We Service
Our team of local exterminators is proud to provide top-of-the-line services in all of the following areas: