How To Get Rid of Cockroaches in Fort Myers, FL
Cockroaches can be a nuisance no matter where you live. When you're dealing with an infestation, it's important to be able to identify it and get rid of it as quickly as possible. As experts in the pest industry, the team at Tony's Pest Control has outlined the most common cockroaches in Florida and how to get rid of them.
Are Cockroaches a Problem in Fort Myers?
Unfortunately, cockroaches are a problem in Fort Myers, as well as throughout the state of Florida. Roaches are attracted to warm climates and typically enter homes through cracks and crevices in doors and windows. Once inside, they quickly reproduce and can become a problem. Some of the most common species of cockroaches that can be found in Florida include:
- American cockroaches: The largest of the common cockroaches, American cockroaches can grow up to 2 inches in length. They are reddish-brown in color and have a yellow band on their head.
- German cockroaches: One of the most common types of roaches, German cockroaches are small, measuring about ½ an inch in length. They are brown in color with two dark stripes on their backs.
- Oriental cockroaches: Also called waterbugs, Oriental cockroaches are large, dark-colored roaches that can grow up to 2 inches in length.
- Brown-banded cockroaches: As the name suggests, Brown-banded cockroaches are brown in color with light-colored bands on their wings. They are small, measuring about ½ an inch in length.
- Asian Cockroaches: Asian cockroaches are dark brown or black in color and have a wingspan of about 1 inch.
- Smokey Brown Cockroaches: Smokey brown cockroaches are dark brown or black in color and have a wingspan of about 1½ inches.
Are Cockroaches Common in Fort Myers, Florida?
Cockroaches are indeed common in Fort Myers. In fact, they are one of the most common pests in the area. There are a few reasons for this. For one, the climate in Fort Myers is perfect for cockroaches. The warm, humid weather is ideal for them to thrive and reproduce. Additionally, there are many food sources available for cockroaches in Fort Myers. From restaurants to homes, there are plenty of places for cockroaches to find food and shelter.
How To Get Rid of Cockroaches from Your Fort Myers Home
If you have cockroaches in your Fort Myers home, it is important to take action to get rid of them. Cockroaches can not only be a bother, but they can also pose a serious health risk. They can spread diseases and contaminate food sources. Additionally, cockroaches produce a strong, unpleasant odor that can make your home feel dirty and unclean. Fortunately, there are a number of effective ways to get rid of and prevent cockroaches from your home, these include:
- Keep your home clean. Cockroaches are attracted to dirt and debris. They will often hide in cluttered areas or in kitchens where there is food waste.
- Vacuum regularly and wipe down surfaces to remove crumbs and other potential food sources.
- Keep any food in sealed containers.
- Eliminate potential hiding places. Cockroaches like to hide in dark, moist areas.
- Remove any clutter from your home that could provide a hiding place for cockroaches.
- Seal any cracks or crevices around your home where cockroaches could enter.
- Use roach traps or bait stations. These products can be effective in getting rid of cockroaches from your home.
- Call a professional pest control company. If you have a severe cockroach problem, you may need to call a professional pest control company for help.
Professional Cockroach Control in Fort Myers, FL
Roaches are most active at night, so you may not see them during the day. However, you might see their droppings, which look like small black specks. You might also see egg casings or dead roaches in your home. If you're seeing cockroaches or noticing these signs, you likely have an infestation. Oftentimes, professional pest control is your best bet to get rid of cockroaches for good. If you're located in or around the Fort Myers area, contact Tony's Pest Control! We offer expert pest control in Fort Myers and the surrounding areas. We can get rid of your cockroach problem quickly and effectively!