Tony’s Pest Control tick treatment preparation guide.
- Be prepared to leave the home during treatment – for at least four hours.
- Tick treatment involves fogging – please put all foods away and clear food prep areas of dishes and utensils. Please secure in your pantry, cabinets, or refrigerator.
- Strip the beds and remove slipcovers from furniture. Wash them in detergent and the hottest water that the fabrics can stand.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or furniture. Bedding that is put in the trash should be put in a sealable plastic bag and disposed in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a trash container outside your home, close tightly. If using a vacuum with a re-usable bag, empty contents into container outside your home, close tightly, and discard. Wash reusable bag in hot water.
- Mop all wood, tile and vinyl floors.
- Also vacuum upholstered furniture, etc. Again, throw away the bag. If you’ve been thinking about getting carpet or furniture shampooed or steam-cleaned, this would be a good time to do it. (Just make sure to allow sufficient time for them to be completely dried before the treatment.)
- Cover and store any open food products, dishes or utensils before service is rendered.
- As much as possible, remove all movable items from the floor to give our technician as unobstructed access as possible to the floors and carpeting.
- Have your pets treated for ticks by a professional (veterinarian or groomer) at the same time that we will be treating your home.
- Remove all caged pets (birds, reptiles, hamsters) before service is rendered. Pet food containers and bowls should be covered or stored away. Fish tanks are to be covered with plastic wrap, and pumps turned off until reoccupying home.
- Please cover TVs, computers, and other sensitive electronics for fogging treatment.
- Be prepared to to stay off the treated area until insecticide is thoroughly dried.
Post Treatment Instructions.
- Do not re-enter the location for at least 4 hours.
- Upon re-entry use caution as floors may be slick.
- After the 4 hours open all doors and windows and allow 30 minutes for ventilation.
- Thoroughly clean all counter tops and tables with a suitable cleaner before use.
Not following our preparation instructions and guidelines may result in additional treatments at your cost. Help us provide the best service by taking a closer look at our instructions. If you have any questions please call the office at 239-574-2847. We are here to help.