Tony’s Pest Control Bed Bug Treatment Preparation Guide
- Be prepared to leave the home during treatment – for at least four hours.
- Bed Bug treatment includes flushing – please put all foods away and clear food prep areas of dishes and utensils. Please secure in your pantry, cabinets, or refrigerator.
- Remove all pets from the home during the time of treatment, not including fish tanks. Fish tanks are to be covered with plastic wrap, and pumps turned off until reoccupying home.
- Mop all wood, tile and vinyl floors.
- Please remove all electrical cover plates from walls.
- Remove all sheets, covers, or any other bedding covers from the mattresses and box spring in all bedrooms. Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible. Do not replace the bed linens until four hours after treatment.
- If any mattresses, box springs, or other furniture are in poor or ripped condition and infested, they should be placed in large plastic storage bags, then removed from your home and discarded. When in doubt…throw it out!
- Remove all personal items including clothes, toys, shoes, stored materials, etc., from the furniture and floor area throughout the home.
- Remove everything from the closets. Empty all bedroom drawers and bookcases prior to treatment.
- Clean all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment.
- Stuffed toys or other fabric-based personal items should be run through a pre-heated, hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Vacuum all carpeting, bedding, bed frame, backs of pictures, and other areas bedbugs are seen. Empty the vacuum cleaner bag and dispose of it in an exterior dumpster or trash immediately.
- Move all items and furniture away from walls. We will need access to all baseboards and behind all furniture.
- The bathtub, kitchen counters, dining room tables, and coffee tables can be used to place items during treatment.
- To give the treatment time to work, do not shampoo or clean floors or carpet for at least three weeks after the treatment. The vacuum may be used as desired.
- Please cover TVs, computers, and other sensitive electronics for fogging treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions.
- Do not re-enter the location for at least 4 hours.
- Upon re-entry use caution as floors may be slick.
- After the 4 hours open all doors and windows and allow 30 minutes for ventilation.
- Thoroughly clean all counter tops and tables with a suitable cleaner before use.
Not following our preparation instructions and guidelines may result in additional treatments at your cost. Help us provide the best service by taking a closer look at our instructions. If you have any questions please call the office at 239-574-2847. We are here to help.